Sunday, December 1, 2013

Online Dating

So I've been trying online dating for the first time in my life. I just keep hearing that it's it's the new and exciting way of meeting new people, so I thought I would see how it worked out for me.



First online dating experience went a little like this:

I saw the guys photo online and instantly I was intrigued by his photos. He was a good looking guy! Brown hair, blue eyes, fit built, and stood 6 ft tall. In his page he spoke about having manners, how he had a good job at Intel, had his own place, and just recently moved here from California.

So I sent him a message being excited to get to know him more and this led us to talking.

He came off a bit insecure, but I shrugged it off because he was nice. He was also persistent in messaging me and asking if we could arrange to meet up.

He wasn't very good at figuring out what to do on our first date.

So I ended up arranging the whole date by saying we should go to the movies. But not just any movies - we went to Cinetopia, which is a fun theater. The seats are couches and lounge chairs. Its extremely comfortable, staged like a living room at home, and you can order food from waiters right before your show starts. Pretty neat huh?!

I think I may have made a great date if I was a guy ha!

Than the day of the date arrived and we where to meet for the first time at the theater.

I arrived dressed up, I walked in, and yet i couldn't see the guy any where.
However he noticed me right away, walked over to me, and introduced himself.

Now one may suspect that this may be a beautiful moment, but it was nothing close to it. The guy didn't look any thing like his photos and that alone creeped me out. I mean, who am I meeting?!!!

I tried to keep cool and respectful. Went into the theaters, ate, watched the movie, and quickly made a dash home right afterwards.

I texted him just minutes after and told him there would not be a second date.

Guys, moment of advice: Place up true photos of yourself. First impressions are everything and you're never going to get far placing up false photos of yourself.

At least the movie was good.
Merry Online dating!

1 comment:

  1. the exciting nightmares of online dating :) By the way, women put up false photos too :D

    ReplyDelete